While stories about Covid-19 restrictions were popular last year, we have seen a wider range of topics in the top 30 of our most-read articles during the course of 2021.
In March, the new Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) came into effect – and caught the attention of our readers. Stories about the varying intepretation and application of this legislation were popular, and sustainability in general is a clear theme of the top 30.
AMWatch's extensive coverage of the largest Nordic asset managers and their AUM growth is also a topic of interest, especially our interviews in the wake of their quarterly reports. Again in 2021, we have seen impressive growth rates in assets under management from most of the large Nordic asset managers.
Interviews about strategy, be it business or investment strategies, also attracted our readers' attention. The same goes for stories about larger mandates, and sector career moves.
With the hope that we can also provide you with knowledge and insight into the Nordic asset management sector in 2022, AMWatch's editorial staff wish you a happy and prosperous New Year.
Most read articles in 2021:
1. Nordea Asset Management restructures, creates new alternative investment unit
2. Nordea picks Dutch investment manager as new preferred partner in ESG shakeup
3. Asset managers approach Article 8 and 9 differently as fear of greenwashing looms large
4. Nordea Bank is reorganizing its USD 390 billion wealth business
5. Wall Street giant revamps Nordic strategy: "Growing our local presence can be a game-changer"
6. Goldman Sachs AM reaps benefits of local partnerships and increased presence
7. Substantial growth at most of the big Nordic asset managers
8. Q1 AUM growth: One Nordic asset manager is in the fast lane
9. Goldman Sachs AM names Finnish country lead
10. Nykredit AM CEO quits his job to go sailing around the world
11. Danish managers' Article 9 funds invest in Russian gas, mining companies and tech companies
12. Danish Blackrock veteran has left the firm in favor of private equity giant
13. Nordea AM lands sustainable mandate with Finnish pension giant
14. Mandatum aims to grow in alternatives with a new AM spinoff - targets growth in Europe
15. 29 Nordic asset managers make the global top-500 cut
16. Former Sparinvest CIO made redundant from Nykredit
17. Copenhagen-based credit manager wants to put Scandinavian culture behind US expansion
18. After first launch: Nykredit aims to make private equity available to all investors
19. PenSam wants to increase alternatives through more partnerships
20. Swiss investor poaches Nordic EM team but remains tight-lipped on identities
21. Industriens Pension picks two managers for new global equity mandates
22. Former Sparinvest value veterans reunite with colleague to form Great Dane trio
23. Blackrock: "We will move more capital into sustainable products than any other asset manager in Europe"
24. Mandatum kicks off plans to establish asset management unit
25. Eight Nordic asset managers saw double-digit AUM growth in the first half of 2021
26. Nordic institution seeks new manager for long-term relationship
27. No Article 9 funds at BankInvest: "To be honest, we don't want to be accused of greenwashing"
28. Dane wants to create a holding company of independent Nordic asset managers
29. Sparinvest blasts past Nordic peers on AUM growth in H1
30. Danish pension fund converts to risk factor allocation to maintain a robust portfolio